Hello my beautiful friends!!
I jumped on the Instant Pot band wagon a month or two ago and have been trying out new recipes here and there.
My favorite new recipe from this past week is Instant Pot Turkey Chili.
Super tasty, easy to make, and everyone in my family loved it (including ALL three of my littles!) – leftovers were completely devoured – so of course I want to share how I made it with you (and save it here for myself for later!).
I imagine you could just as easily make this on the stove top in the event you don’t have an Instant Pot. 😉
Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 organic sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 heaping tsp garlic, minced
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 medium organic green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) can organic fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (6-oz) can organic tomato paste
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans organic bean trio (kidney, pinto, and black beans)
- 1 (15-oz) can organic golden sweet corn, drained
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- green onions, diced
- cheddar cheese, grated
On the Side:
- raw organic carrots
- Romaine or Butter lettuce leaves
- corn crackers
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. Add in the ground turkey and break it up. Brown it for a couple of minutes and then add in the onions and garlic. Saute until the onions are translucent; about 5 minutes. Drain off grease.
- Add in the broth, bell pepper, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, corn, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual pressure cook button to 5 minutes on high pressure. When the timer beeps, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes (or more, if you have time). Move the valve to venting and when you can, open the pot.
- Stir the chili and then season to taste; you may want to add in more chili powder, cumin, salt, and/or pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and serve topped with desired toppings / sides. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or freeze in airtight containers for up to 3 months.