Hello my beautiful friends!!
I jumped on the Instant Pot band wagon recently and have been trying out new recipes here and there.
My favorite new recipe from this past week is Instant Pot Vegetable Soup.
My older two children refused to try it, but the baby and I absolutely loved it. 😉 My hubby enjoyed it as well.
I imagine you could make this on the stove top in the event you don’t have an Instant Pot. 😉
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- 1 tsp extra virgin organic olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 lb Yukon gold potatoes, chopped (about 3-4 medium)
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut in thirds
- 1 cup finely chopped spinach
- Heat oil in Instant Pot on saute mode. Add onion; cook and stir until softened.
- Turn the Instant Pot off and add the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook for 1 minute on the residual heat.
- Add broth to the still hot pan, and scrape the bottom with a spoon to remove and left behind bits.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery, tomatoes, and green beans. Stir.
- Put the lid on, turn the valve to sealing, and select Manual or Pressure Cook for 2 minutes. It will take about 15 minutes to come to pressure and begin counting down.
- Once the cook time is over, let pressure release naturally for 8-10 minutes before opening the valve and removing the lid (this is to prevent the splatter that can come when pressure cooking soup).
- Stir in the spinach, adjust seasonings to taste, and serve.
This recipe makes about 4 liters of soup, or approximately 16 cups.